History of St. Patrick’s Boys National School Mallow:

The Patrician Brothers were invited to Mallow by Bishop Mc Carthy in 1879, to establish a school for the instruction of Catholic boys. Four Patrician Brothers arrived to set up school in what is now the Patrician Academy. The site and limestone building, still extant, had been purpose built for the Christian Brothers who had been invited to the town in the 1860’s, but left in the late 1870’s as a result of a dispute with the local parish priest on the question of the cost of maintaining the Christian Brothers in the town. The arrival of the Patricians ( Order of St. Patrick, established by